Hurricane Harvey hit the US shore on Friday, August 25th, which brought torrential downpours and caused catastrophic flooding. The devastating storm made a second landfall, drenching the Louisiana-Texas border on Wednesday, August 30th. Thousands have been rescued from their flooded homes, and many more require assistance.
The American Red Cross is working around the clock to help the lives that have been affected by Hurricane Harvey, and HCS Healthcare is helping to raise disaster relief funds. If you would like to join this HCS cause, please visit our donation page by clicking here. We encourage you to share this link with your family and friends, because together we can all make a difference.
Did You Know?
- Every 8 minutes the American Red Cross responds to an emergency
- There are nearly 64,000 disaster responses each year
- 95% of disaster releif workers are volunteers
- Red Cross provides approximately 45% of the nation’s blood supply
- The organization supports more than 1,000 organizations across the United States
- 91 cents out of every dollar donated is spent on programs that benefit the community